SUSTAINABLE PROPERTY MAINTENANCE
Committed to you, committed to responsible living.
My name is Marco Koomans and I started Bragg Creek Property Services with a desire to help others. I have a strong commitment to the environment and I hope that through my business, I can help others reach their sustainable goals. Sustainable living isn’t something that I’m just trying to sell to others. My commitment is personal, as I have solar on my house, a high efficient wood stove as a heat source, a backup generator, and I grow organic vegetables in my own garden and greenhouse for my family.
My hobbies include landscaping, furniture making, gardening and all outdoor sports such as skiing, x-country, backpacking, canoeing, etc. The greatest reward I have received from operating my own business is the trust I have been given by my clients.
- As an electrician I have completed countless projects. I’ve worked in sensitive areas acquiring special security clearances. I’ve also worked in the Calgary US embassy which required FBI clearance.
- After many years of working for large commercial contractors in Calgary, I persuaded my own electrical contracting business. Specializing in renovations & new builds.
- Taught at SAIT as a contract electrical instructor.
- Some of my new home builds have been featured on HGTV
- I had the privilege of working with the Property Brothers where we did 4 TV episodes together
- In the 10 years of owning and operating my business I have met many wonderful clients and have had the opportunity to be part of many amazing projects.
- Worked as a rope access electrician (worked from climbing ropes 80+ft)
- I have worked with many famous people.
- The greatest reward I have received from operating my own business is the trust I have been given by my clients
- 2 years property maintenance on college campus
- Worked at a 5 Star resort (Deerhurst Resort) for 4 years as property maintenance.
- Transferred through same chain of hotel/resorts to Banff Springs Hotel and continued for 4 more years in hotel maintenance, spa facility maintenance, golf course maintenance and was indentured as a plumbing apprentice.
- Was accepted as an electrical apprentice and remained to get my masters status
- Missionary work building church overseas
- Left hotel industry to pursue trades. Was a carpenter / framer in New housing for a year
- After many years of working for large commercial contractors in Calgary, I pursued my own electrical contracting business, Summit Electric, where I served the Bragg Creek area since 2008